POSTER CONTEST BENEFITS & RESPONSIBILITIES
SELECTED STUDENT BENEFITS
- Your session abstract and student information included in our online program and our IAEM to GO Annual Conference App.
- An IAEM representative from the IAEM-USA Training & Education Committee to assist you as you develop your poster and presentation.
- An opportunity to showcase your research to scholars and practitioners in the emergency management community, as well as the general public.
- A chance to enter to win monetary prizes in both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Announcement of the award winners in each category during a special session of the IAEM 64th Annual Conference.
- Recognition of the award winners on the IAEM website, as well as in the IAEM Bulletin and Dispatch.
SELECTED STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review the Academic Research Presentation Competition.
- Submit a final pdf image of your poster by September 1, 2016 5:00pm ET.
- Set up Posters in designated area by Sunday, October 16, 2016, 3:00pm ET.
- Partake in the poster presentation judging session on Monday, October 17, 2016 from 6:30pm – 7:30pm ET.
- Attend the Poster Presentation Session for the conference attendees on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 12:15pm – 1:00pm ET.
- Take down and remove your poster by Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 5:00pm ET.
- Register for the conference.
- Reserve your own accommodations. Information found on the Lodging page.
- Absolutely no commercials! Under no circumstances may this platform be used as a place for direct promotion of a student’s product or service.