Click on any question below to see its answer.
November 10-15, 2017. View full program for more information.
The conference will take place in Long Beach, California. The session rooms will be located in the Westin Long Beach and the Long Beach Entertainment and Convention Center.
Visit the “Who Should Attend” page of the conference website for more information.
How do I register?
Click on the Register Now button on the Registration page.
What is the registration fee and what is included?
Registration fees vary based on your membership status and when you register. Please visit our Registration Fees page for more details on fees and what is included.
Do I need to pay at the time of registration?
No. You can select in the payment section “pay by check” which indicates that you will be paying at a later date. Once you have completed the registration process and received a registration number you will receive a registration confirmation by email that will include the amount due. If you need an official invoice, instructions are included in the email confirmation on how to obtain an official invoice.
How can I take advantage of the early bird rate?
In order to lock in your registration rate, you must complete an online registration form and obtain a registration number. Otherwise, your registration fee will be based on the date you register online with IAEM Headquarters.
What if I am only attending one day?
We have discounted registration rates available for individual days. View our registration fee schedule for more information.
How do I add a training course, tour or other event to my registration?
- Go here. All pre-conference sessions (Friday – Sunday) as well as optional events have an additional fee on top of the conference registration fee.
- In the middle of this page, click the “Register Now” button.
- Select “IAEM-USA Annual Conference & EMEX 17” by clicking on the Register for this meeting link.
- If you are an IAEM member, click the word “here” to log in using your username and password. Non-members proceed to Primary Registrant Information section.
- Complete the registrant information. If you are attending the IAEM-USA Annual Conference, complete the first page entirely, click “Continue Registration”, on the next page, Click on “add/edit events for your registration”, select the training course, tour or event you wish to attend by putting a 1 in the ticket column.
To complete your registration, Click “Save Changes”. Verify this new page is correct. Click “Continue Registration” to make payment and then click on “Submit Registration” at the bottom of the page. You will receive a registration number on your screen and can select “email confirmation” to receive a registration confirmation by email.
If you are ONLY attending a pre/post conference training course or event, on the first page of the registration, select the registration type “Pre-Conference Session OR Optional Event Only (Registrant not attending conference)”, click “Continue Registration”, on the next page, Click on “add/edit events for your registration”, select pre/post conference training course or event by putting a 1 in the ticket column.
To complete your registration, Click “Save Changes.” Verify this new page is correct. Click “Continue Registration” to make payment and then click on “Submit Registration” at the bottom of the page. You will receive a registration number on your screen and can select “email confirmation” to receive a registration confirmation by email.
- Go here.
- Click on the log-in option “Members/non-members may edit their online meeting registration by clicking here to log in.”
- Enter your user name and password, then click on “View your registration”. If you don’t remember your username and password, click on the “reset password” hyperlink on the top right hand corner of the IAEM website. www.iaem.com
- To add or edit your events click “Add / Edit Events” at the top right side of the page, and then click “Add / Edit events for YOUR NAME registration”
- Select the event(s) you wish to add by adding a “1” in the ticket column. All pre-conference sessions (Friday – Sunday) as well as optional events have an additional fee on top of the conference registration fee.
- To complete your update, Click “Save Changes”. Verify this new page is correct. Click “Continue Registration” to make payment and then click on “Submit Registration” at the bottom of the page. You can select “email confirmation” to receive an updated registration confirmation by email.
You will be able to register (including badge/material pickup for those registered in advance, as well as anyone who needs to register onsite) at the IAEM Registration Desk located in the Long Beach Convention Center on all days except for Friday, where it will be located in the Westin Hotel Centennial Foyer. Badges and/or tickets are required for access to all IAEM sessions and events.
Onsite Registration Hours:
Friday, November 10, 2017 2:00pm – 5:00pm
Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:00am – 4:30pm
Monday, November 13, 2017 7:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:00am – 5:30pm
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 7:15am – 2:00pm
Go here and enter your username and password and then click on the invoice number to print either your invoice and/or receipt.
Please contact Sharon Kelly, IAEM registrar at email@example.com.
Can I volunteer to help during conference?
Yes. There are many volunteer opportunities available during the conference. Please visit our “Work Off your Registration Fee” page to volunteer as Conference Staff.
Are there activities for my spouse or friend that is traveling with me but not attending the conference?
Yes, we have a Spouse Program full of activities and either a discount registration fee with full access to the all the IAEM session events or a la carte options to select to attend as your guest. To register under the Spouse program, the registered conference attendee needs to add their spouse or friend as a registered guest to their registration.
Where can I find information on exhibitors and the types of products at the expo?
Yes, the IAEM to Go 2017 Mobile App will be available in the fall with access to the complete program and much more! You can also access the program through our conference website.
How do I make a hotel reservation?
Visit our Lodging page for the reservation information at the conference hotels and per diem rates.
Who can I contact with housing questions or issues?
Please contact the hotel directly with any issues. If you are still having problems, contact our Meetings Manager, Michelle Savoie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will there be shuttle service from the airport?
More information on shuttle service will be coming.
For a complete listing of the food and beverages include in your registration view, go here.
You must complete the question on the first page of your IAEM registration identifying your food allergy or dietary restriction needs. Confirmation of your specific dietary needs will be included with your registration materials. If you already registered but did not identify your food allergy or dietary restriction needs, please update your registration now. (Instructions for updating this information are included in your registration confirmation).
1. Sit-down plated meals
There are 2 sit-down plated meals offered during the Annual Conference: Lunch on Monday and dinner on Wednesday (if registered). If you identified specific food allergies and/or dietary restrictions during the registration process, tickets for these meals will be issued with your registration materials. It is your responsibility to have these tickets at the sit-down, plated meals. When seated, please hand the appropriate day’s ticket to your table’s server.
2. Lunch buffets and passed hors d’oeuvres during receptions.
Food items on buffets will be labeled “Vegetarian”, “Gluten Free” and “Vegan.” Additionally, the banquet staff will address questions or concerns raised by individual guests.
*A limited number of special meals may be available for those who did not identify their dietary restrictions or food allergy during the registration process. IAEM guests with dietary needs who have tickets will be served before those who do not have tickets. If you did not make your dietary needs known to IAEM during registration, we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate you.
Business casual is appropriate attire for most scheduled events. Wednesday, November 15th is Logo Day – Come to the conference on Wednesday wearing your organization logo. Dress for Wednesday evening’s Presidential and AEM/CEM Awards Banquet is cocktail attire (suit/tie, dress uniform or cocktail dress).
What are the locations and dates of future conferences?
◦ Oct. 19-24, 2018, Grand Rapids, Michigan
◦ Nov. 15-21, 2019, Savannah, Georgia
◦ Nov. 13-19, 2020, Long Beach, California
◦ 2021 – to be determined
◦ Nov. 11-17, 2022, Savannah, Georgia
Please contact Julie Husk, Program Manager for more information. email@example.com or 703-538-1795 X1789
For more information about IAEM visit our website at www.iaem.com.