IAEM SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM FUNDRAISING EVENTS
All IAEM Scholarship Program events support the IAEM Scholarship Program, which provides scholarships through a competitive process to students
working towards degrees in emergency management, disaster management, or closely related fields of study. To date, the IAEM Scholarship Program has provided $98,000 in scholarships to 56 students.
IAEM Online SILENT AUCTION
New this year, the Silent Auction to benefit the IAEM Scholarship program is being hosted online via BiddingForGood. We invite participation using the online link or via the mobile link at: https://bforg.com/IAEMScholarshipProgram. Participants may preview the items online or visit the Silent Auction Booth in the IAEM registration area of the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center. Here are the important facts about the silent auction.
- Donations of items will continue to be accepted onsite as in the past, or you may upload a picture of your donation now and then bring the item to the event.
- Bidding in the silent auction has begun and is open to anyone. Please tell your friends about the auction and spread the word on social media. The more bidders participating, the more IAEM will raise for the scholarship program.
- You must register to bid. The process is very easy and all information is kept in a secure portal. Your information is not shared. Register via the link provided above.
- Items will continue to be added to the silent auction. So, keep checking back. There is a category that lists newly added auction items.
- Look for the special featured items. You may be able to place a winning bid for a special experience or vacation that is a “Bucket List” item.
- Silent Auction Bidding will end at 12:30 p.m. PST, Wednesday, November 15. If you are present at the conference, you should pick up the items between 1:00 – 2:00 pm PST.
- If you are not present, the items you win will be shipped to you. There will be an added shipping charge as noted in the auction portal.
IAEM LIVE Auction
The Scholarship Live Auction has been moved to an earlier time this year! It will start promptly at 6:00 pm and will conclude by 7:30 pm, Tuesday, Nov. 14. Don’t miss the fun on the stage in the back of the EMEX hall.
Items may be previewed in the BiddingForGood portal using the same links as the Silent Auction (above), or you may stop by the Live Auction Preview Booth in the IAEM registration area of the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center. Bidders must be present at the auction to participate.
Donations of items for the Live Auction will be accepted until 2:30 p.m. PST, Tuesday, Nov. 14.
IAEM BASKET BONANZA
The IAEM Basket Bonanza is a raffle of themed baskets created by IAEM Councils, Regions, Student Chapters, Caucuses, and other groups.
The event opens on Monday, Nov. 13th at 7:00 am.
Blue Baskets will be drawn at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, Nov. 14th.
White baskets will be drawn at 12:15 pm on Wednesday, Nov. 15th.
Winners of other baskets will be notified by phone, if the phone number is included on the ticket. Winners must pick up the basket the day it is drawn, or another winning ticket will be selected. Winners are responsible for any packing and shipping of winning baskets.
Ticket prices are: 5 for $5; 12 for $10; 20 for $15; 30 for $20; 40 for $25; 50 for $30; 100 for $50; 150 for $75; 215 for $100; and 320 for $150. Tickets are being sold by students and commissioners throughout the conference or stop by the Basket Bonanza booth to purchase yours. Credit card purchases are welcome. Purchases of $50 or more will count as a cash donation to the program and will be reflected in the individual’s total giving amounts.