Demonstrate “Return on Investment” (ROI) and gain approval with these step-by-step instructions.
We know the economy often will impact training budgets first and you will need to justify spending time and money to attend the IAEM Annual Conference.
Follow these steps to assist you in demonstrating the positive ROI you and your organization will gain from attending the IAEM Annual Conference in Long Beach.
Review the IAEM 2017 Program and determine which professional development sessions you plan to attend. Choose those that will benefit you and your organization the most. These sessions will provide specific training that can improve you and your team’s productivity, efficiency, better utilize resources, save money and more.
- Estimate the following costs to attend:
- travel and per diem; Check out our list of meals included in the FULL registration to the IAEM 65th Annual Conference;
- Register early to receive the biggest discounts on conference registration, airline and car rental rates;
- reserve your hotel room early to take advantage of the negotiated group room rates;
- consider volunteering at the conference to save even more off your registration.
Complete this approval letter and present it to your supervisor outlining the costs and benefits of attending the conference.
When you return home after the conference, be sure to share the valuable knowledge with others in your organization.
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation to share what you learned with your colleagues.
- Share the speaker handouts and slide presentations with your organization. As an attendee you have access to all the materials posted by the speakers which are located in the conference mobile app.
We look forward to seeing you at the IAEM 65th Annual Conference & EMEX in Long Beach, California!