Come show your recognition and honor those who have made special or significant contributions to the field of emergency management as the 2018 IAEM Award Winners are brought on stage during the Opening Ceremonies on Monday, October 22nd.
Learn more about these great programs during two special breakout sessions on Wednesday, October 24th from 11:15 am – 12:15 pm and 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
The following people and programs
were selected to receive awards from IAEM this year:
- Public Awareness/IAEM-USA:
U.S. Marine Corp Emergency Management Branch for its Ready Marine Corps’ 2017 National Preparedness Month Campaign. In 2017, Ready Marine Corps created highly successful outreach materials based on vintage Marine Corps recruiting imagery. These designs were used across digital and traditional platforms by Installations across the United States and in Japan.
More information >>
- Public Awareness/IAEM-Oceania:
Wellington Region Emergency Management Office (WREMO), New Zealand, for the Community Emergency Hub program and guide.
- Partners in Preparedness/IAEM-USA:
Single Automated Business Exchange for Reporting (SABER). SABER is a nonprofit organization created by the private sector to streamline information sharing with authorized government agencies and other entities for improved emergency management.
- Partners in Preparedness/IAEM-Oceania and IAEM-Global:
Mārae Emergency Preparedness Project and Implementation Program, a partnership between the Bay of Plenty Civil Defence and Emergency Management Group, and Te Puni Kokiri, the Ministry for Māori Development.
- Technology & Innovation/IAEM-USA:
Chatham County (Georgia) Emergency Management for its use of technology to develop a social vulnerability analysis to prioritize potential damage assessment areas.
- Emergency Manager of the Year/IAEM-USA:
Andrea E. Davis, CEM, Director, Global Crisis Management, The Walt Disney Company.
- Emergency Management Volunteer of the Year/IAEM-USA:
Brian Scroggins, Chair of the Southern Nevada VOAD for providing many hours and exceptional assistance to emergency managers across all mission areas, most notably during his efforts related to the tragedies surrounding Oct. 1, 2017, shootings in Las Vegas, NV, and his exceptional contributions across the full spectrum of emergency management both before, during, and after the Route 91 Harvest Festival.
- Military Uniformed Services Emergency Manager of the Year Award/IAEM-USA:
LCDR Richard A. Mach, U.S. Coast Guard.
- Civilian Uniformed Services Emergency Manager of the Year Award/IAEM-USA:
Zachary H. Pickett, U.S. Coast Guard.
- Uniformed Services Auxiliary Member of the Year Award/IAEM-USA:
Mark Stone, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- Student of the Year/IAEM-USA:
Israel Estrada, University of New Haven, Rosemead, California,
- Student Chapter of the Year/IAEM-USA:
Millersville University, Millersville, Pennsylvania.
- Clayton R. Christopher Memorial Award/IAEM-USA:
Selection will be announced at the President’s Banquet at the 2018 Annual Conference.