Click on any question below to see its answer.
October 19 -24, 2018. View full program for more information.
The conference will take place in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The session rooms will be located in the DeVos Place Convention Center and the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel.
Visit the “Who Should Attend” page of the conference website for more information.
How do I register?
Click on the Register Now button on the Registration page.
What is the registration fee and what is included?
Registration fees vary based on your membership status and when you register. Please visit our Registration Fees page for more details on fees and what is included.
Do I need to pay at the time of registration?
No. You can select in the payment section “pay by check” which indicates that you will be paying at a later date. Once you have completed the registration process and received a registration number you will receive a registration confirmation by email that will include the amount due. If you need an official invoice, instructions are included in the email confirmation on how to obtain an official invoice.
How can I take advantage of the early bird rate?
In order to lock in your registration rate, you must complete an online registration form and obtain a registration number. Otherwise, your registration fee will be based on the date you register online with IAEM Headquarters.
What if I am only attending one day?
We have discounted registration rates available for individual days. View our registration fee schedule for more information.
How do I add a training course, tour or other event to my registration?
- Click on the Register Now button here.
- If you are an IAEM member, click the word “here” in the first bullet to log in using your username and password.
- If you are not currently an IAEM member but were previously, registered for a past conference, or enrolled in the certification program, click on the word “here” in the second bullet.
- For those who are first time registrants and have not previously created a record within IAEM, proceed to select “Register for this meeting” on the line with “IAEM Annual Conference & EMEX 18”.
- Complete the registrant information. Complete the first page entirely, click “Continue Registration”; on the next page, Click on “add/edit events for your registration”, select the training course, tour or event you wish to attend by putting a 1 in the ticket column.
- To complete your registration, Click “Save Changes”. Verify this new page is correct. Click “Continue Registration” to make payment and then click on “Submit Registration” at the bottom of the page. You will receive a registration number on your screen and can select “email confirmation” to receive a registration confirmation by email.
If you are ONLY attending a pre/post conference training course or event, on the first page of the registration, select the registration type “Pre-Conference Session OR Optional Event Only (Registrant not attending conference)”, click “Continue Registration”, on the next page, Click on “add/edit events for your registration”, select pre/post conference training course or event by putting a 1 in the ticket column.
To complete your registration, Click “Save Changes.” Verify this new page is correct. Click “Continue Registration” to make payment and then click on “Submit Registration” at the bottom of the page. You will receive a registration number on your screen and can select “email confirmation” to receive a registration confirmation by email.
I already registered and I want to edit my registration or add a training course, tour or an event to my registration?
- Go here.
- Click on the word “here” in the first or second bullet to log in with your username and password.
- If you don’t remember your username and password, click on the red wording of “Recover/Reset Password” hyperlink in the top right-hand side of this page.
- Click on “View your registration” on the row for the IAEM Annual Conference & EMEX 18.
To add or edit your events click “Add / Edit Events” at the top right side of the page, and then click “Add / Edit events for YOUR NAME registration”
- Select the event(s) you wish to add by adding a “1” in the ticket column. Some pre-conference sessions (Friday – Sunday) as well as optional events have an additional fee on top of the conference registration fee.
- To complete your update, Click “Save Changes”. Verify this new page is correct. Click “Continue Registration” to make payment and then click on “Submit Registration” at the bottom of the page. You can select “email confirmation” to receive an updated registration confirmation by email.
You will be able to register on-site at the IAEM Registration Desk located in the DeVos Place Convention Center, Exhibit Halls A – B on all days. For those who pre-register, badges will be mailed out to all registered attendees. Bag and material pick up will also occur at the Registration Desk. Badges and/or tickets are required for access to all IAEM sessions and events.
Onsite Registration Hours:
Friday, October 19, 2018, — 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Saturday, October 20, 2018, — 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday, October 21, 2018, — 7:00 am – 4:30 pm
Monday, October 22, 2018, — 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday, October 23, 2018, — 7:00 am – 5:30 pm
Wednesday, October 24, 2018, — 7:15 am – 2:00 pm
Go here and enter your username and password and then click on the invoice number to print either your invoice and/or receipt.
Please contact Sharon Kelly, IAEM registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I volunteer to help during conference?
Yes. There are many volunteer opportunities available during the conference. Please visit our “Work Off your Registration Fee” page to volunteer as Conference Staff.
Are there activities for my spouse or friend that is traveling with me but not attending the conference?
Yes, we have a Spouse Program full of activities and either a discount registration fee with full access to the all the IAEM session events or a la carte options to select to attend as your guest. To register under the Spouse program, the registered conference attendee needs to add their spouse or friend as a registered guest to their registration.
Where can I find information on exhibitors and the types of products at the expo?
Yes, the IAEM to Go 2018 Mobile App will be available in the fall with access to the complete program and much more! You can also access the program through our conference website.
How do I make a hotel reservation?
Visit our Lodging page for the reservation information at the conference hotels and per diem rates.
Who can I contact with housing questions or issues?
Please contact the hotel directly with any issues. If you are still having problems, contact our Meetings Manager, Michelle Savoie at email@example.com.
Will there be shuttle service from the airport?
No shuttle service is available to the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. Taking a cab to the hotel is the best option.
For a complete listing of the food and beverages included in your registration view, go here.
You must complete the question on the first page of your IAEM registration identifying your food allergy or dietary restriction needs. Confirmation of your specific dietary needs will be included with your registration materials. If you already registered but did not identify your food allergy or dietary restriction needs, please update your registration now. (Instructions for updating this information are included in your registration confirmation).
1. Sit-down plated meals
There are 2 sit-down plated meals offered during the Annual Conference: Lunch on Monday and dinner on Wednesday (if registered). If you identified specific food allergies and/or dietary restrictions during the registration process, tickets for these meals will be issued with your registration materials. It is your responsibility to have these tickets at the sit-down, plated meals. When seated, please hand the appropriate day’s ticket to your table’s server.
2. Lunch buffets and passed hors d’oeuvres during receptions.
Food items on buffets will be labeled “Vegetarian”, “Gluten Free” and “Vegan.” Additionally, the banquet staff will address questions or concerns raised by individual guests.
*A limited number of special meals may be available for those who did not identify their dietary restrictions or food allergy during the registration process. IAEM guests with dietary needs who have tickets will be served before those who do not have tickets. If you did not make your dietary needs known to IAEM during registration, we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate you.
Business casual is appropriate attire for most scheduled events. Wednesday, October 24th is Logo Day – Come to the conference on Wednesday wearing your organization logo. Dress for Wednesday evening’s Presidential and Certification Awards Banquet is cocktail attire (suit/tie, dress uniform or cocktail dress).
What are the locations and dates of future conferences?
◦ Nov. 15-21, 2019, Savannah, Georgia
◦ Nov. 13-19, 2020, Long Beach, California
◦ 2021 – to be determined
◦ Nov. 11-17, 2022, Savannah, Georgia
Please contact Julie Husk, Program Manager for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-538-1795 X1789
For more information about IAEM visit our website at www.iaem.com.