EMvision Talks Information
EMvision Talks Speaker Registration
- All selected speakers will receive up to half off the early bird member registration fee for the conference. (Non-members will receive the equivalent of this amount.)
EMvision Talks Speaker Benefits & Responsibilities
- The best 5-7 speaker submissions will be selected to present their Talk during a one-hour plenary session.
- Selected Speaker Talks will be presented on the plenary stage on Tuesday, October 23, 2018.
- Speakers will receive certificates of participation that document credit towards the IAEM Certification Program under Professional Contribution Category F, Speaking
- The abstract of your Talk, speaker information and bio will be included in our online program and our IAEM to GO Annual Conference App.
- The plenary session room will be provided with a laptop, microphone, screen, projector and lavaliere microphone.
- If you plan to use visual images during your Talk, it will be pre-loaded on the laptop in the plenary session room.
- A speaker representative from the Conference Committee will assist you as you develop your Talk.
- The moderator will introduce you and identify your background and organization where you work and handle all on-site logistical needs.
- Review EMvision Talks Speaker Guidance
- Work with a Conference Committee Representative between July 14 – August 14, 2018, to polish your presentation.
- Submit the final video of Talk and visual presentations by September 7, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. ET.
- If you are using visual images to enhance your Talk, bring your slide presentation in final viewing format on a USB flash drive as a back-up to the conference.
- Attend the mandatory practice session on Monday, October 22, 2018, at 7:30 p.m. local time for approximately 30 minutes.
- Reserve your own accommodations. Information is located on the lodging page.
- No substitutions of the speaker or topic are permitted.
- Talks are limited to seven minutes. Watch the timekeeper for the one-minute warning.
- Absolutely no commercials! The moderator will introduce you and identify your background and organization where you work. Spending time describing your company or service during your presentation is inappropriate and will jeopardize future opportunities to present at IAEM.
- All final videos or slide presentations are subject to the approval of the EMvision Talks Working Group. Any recommended changes are required to be made to the video or slide presentation.
EMvision Talks Speaker Resources