IAEM Scholarship Program Fundraising Events
All IAEM Scholarship Program events support the IAEM Scholarship Program, which provides scholarships through a competitive process to students working towards degrees in emergency management, disaster management, or closely related fields of study. To date, the IAEM Scholarship Program has provided $98,500 in scholarships to 56 students.
IAEM Online Silent Auction
The Silent Auction to benefit the IAEM Scholarship program is being hosted online via BiddingForGood. We invite participation via the mobile link at: https://bforg.com/IAEMScholarshipProgram. Participants may preview the items online or visit the Silent Auction Booth in the IAEM registration area of the DeVos Place Convention Center, Exhibit Halls A & B. Here are the important facts about the silent auction.
Donate items online as soon as the auction portal opens. Watch for announcements via email or the IAEM Dispatch.
Donations of items will continue to be accepted onsite as in the past, or you may upload a picture of your donation now and then bring the item to the event.
- You must register to bid. The process is very easy and all information is kept in a secure portal. Your information is not shared. Register via the link provided above.
- Items will continue to be added to the silent auction. So, keep checking back. There is a category that lists newly added auction items.
- Look for the special featured items. You may be able to place a winning bid for a special experience or vacation that is a “Bucket List” item.
- Silent Auction Bidding will end at 12:30 p.m. ET, Wednesday, October 24th. If you are present at the conference, you should pick up the items between 1:00 – 2:00 pm ET.
- If you are not present, the items you win will be shipped to you. There will be an added shipping charge as noted in the auction portal.
IAEM Live Auction
The Scholarship Live Auction will start promptly at 6:00 pm and will conclude by 7:30 pm, Tuesday, Oct. 23rd. Don’t miss the fun on the stage in the back of the EMEX hall.
Items may be previewed in the BiddingForGood portal using the same links as the Silent Auction (above), or you may stop by the Live Auction Preview Booth in the IAEM registration area of the DeVos Place Convention Center. Bidders must be present at the auction to participate.
Donations of items for the Live Auction will be accepted until 2:30 pm ET, Tuesday, Oct. 23rd.
IAEM Basket Bonanza
The IAEM Basket Bonanza is a raffle of themed baskets created by IAEM Councils, Regions, Student Chapters, Caucuses, and other groups.
The event opens on Monday, Oct. 22nd at 7:00 am
Blue Baskets will be drawn at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, Oct. 23rd.
White baskets will be drawn at 12:15 pm on Wednesday, Oct. 24th.
Winners of baskets will be notified by cell phone, if the phone number is included on the ticket. Winners must pick up the basket the day it is drawn, or another winning ticket will be selected. Winners are responsible for any packing and shipping of winning baskets.
Ticket prices are: 5 for $5; 12 for $10; 20 for $15; 30 for $20; 40 for $25; 50 for $30; 100 for $50; 150 for $75; 215 for $100; and 320 for $150. Tickets are being sold by students and commissioners throughout the conference or stop by the Basket Bonanza booth to purchase yours. Credit card purchases are welcome. Purchases of $50 or more will count as a cash donation to the program and will be reflected in the individual’s total giving amounts.