Transportation & Parking
It’s possible and fascinating to spend days simply strolling the nation’s largest Landmark Historic District. But with so much more to see, you might opt for other transportation:
Savannah offers a variety of Trolley Tours. One of the best ways to learn about the Downtown Historic District’s history is to take one of the many Trolley Tours available. Most Trolley Tours offer the on/off pass, so you are able to explore the city on your own and get back on the trolley as you please!
Horse Drawn Carriage Tours
Taking a Horse Drawn Carriage Tour through Downtown Savannah can be both informative and romantic. Learn about the city as you are taken through the various squares and streets. Bring the whole family or just the two of you, and see Savannah at her very best!
Chatham Area Transit (CAT)
CAT offers 19 fixed bus routes in Savannah and Chatham County. Fare for local one-way service is $1.50 and discounted weekly and monthly passes are available.
The DOT Shuttle, which transports passengers in the Historic District, provides free and convenient service from the Transit Center to many downtown hotels and the Savannah Visitor Information Center, many historic sites and local restaurants.
The Liberty St. Parking Shuttle provides free weekday service throughout downtown to various parking facilities and offers the same safe, free service late-nights on Friday and Saturday.
CAT also offers the 100X Airport Express for direct service from the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport to the Joe Murray Rivers, Jr. Intermodal Transit Center, as well as bike sharing.
The DOT is fare-free transportation around Savannah’s beautiful Historic District”
- Now every 10 minutes or less!
- Serving 24 stops around the Historic District
- Connects to municipal parking facilities, Visitor Centers, Streetcar and Ferry
- Current Hours:
Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Pet Policy – Only service animals are permitted on the Express Shuttle
- View more information about the Express Shuttle
Savannah Belles Ferry (This Ferry is an easy way to get from the conference hotel to Savannah’s Historic District)
- Modern passenger-only ferries, reminiscent of vessels seen in the harbor a century ago
- Operating 7 days a week, from 7am to midnight
- Three landings: Trade Center on Hutchinson Island, City Hall and Waving Girl.
- Pet Policy – Service animals, pets in carriers and non-aggressive dogs on leashes are permitted on the Ferries
- ADA Accessible
- View the Water Ferry Schedule
Go here for information all about the City’s Visitor Day Pass, Disability Parking, Smart Cards, Metered Parking and Enforcement by looking through the City Parking Guide. City owned and operated garage locations and details are also available in the guide for your convenience.
Parking at Your Hotel
Click on the links below to see your hotel’s suggestions and recommendations for driving to and parking at the hotel.