Breakout Speaker Information
Breakout Speaker Registration
Primary Speaker: Complimentary registration to the conference, including all sessions, EMEX, conference provided lunches, beverage breaks and receptions, Sunday Welcome Party and Wednesday President’s Banquet and Reception
Co-presenter(s): Discounted registration to the conference, including all sessions, EMEX, conference provided lunches, beverage breaks and receptions, Sunday Welcome Party and Wednesday President’s Banquet and Reception
Breakout Speaker Benefits & Responsibilities
- Complimentary or discounted registration for all speakers.
- Speakers will receive certificates of participation that document credit towards the IAEM Certification Program under Professional Contribution Category F, Speaking
- Your session abstract, speaker(s) information and bio included in our online program and our IAEM to GO Annual Conference App.
- A room provided with a laptop, screen and projector.
- Your final presentation will be pre-loaded on the laptop in your session room.
- A speaker representative from the Conference Committee to assist you as you develop your presentation.
- An on-site Speaker Liaison from the Conference Committee to introduce your session and handle all on-site logistical needs.
- Excellent networking opportunities to interact with others interested in your topic in the emergency management profession
- Peer recognition at the premiere event for the emergency management profession
- Review the Speaker Guidance
- Submit Final Presentation along with any handouts or reference materials by Aug. 1, 2019.
- Submit updated bio(s) and introduction for session, if needed, by Aug. 1, 2019.
- Register for the conference.
- Bring your Presentation in final viewing format on a USB Flash Drive as a back-up to the conference.
- Reserve your own accommodations. More information will be available under the Hotel and Travel pages soon.
- Any changes to the topic of the accepted presentation must be approved by the Conference Committee Chair.
- Any substitution or addition of speakers from the original submitted proposal must be approved by the Conference Committee Chair.
- Breakout sessions last 60 minutes. You need to allow time for questions and answers prior to the end of session.
- Absolutely no commercials! You may put your contact information, logo, and organization information on the last slide only.
- All final presentations are subject to the approval of the Conference Committee.
Breakout Speaker Resources
The Web has great resources to help develop effective presentations. Here are a few suggested resources: